Botulinum toxin is used to eliminate wrinkles caused by facial expressions. It is a safe and fast method for rejuvenating the skin of the face. Very small doses of the preparation are injected into certain muscles, acting locally and effectively.
Botulinum toxin is injected into the facial muscles to relax them, making the skin smooth and reducing wrinkles. In dermatology, it is one of the most popular products worldwide since 1980.
Zones and effects:
- smoothing of wrinkles in the area of the chin muscles
- smoothing of "anger" wrinkles between the eyebrows
- elimination of fine wrinkles around the corners of the eyes
- elimination of vertical wrinkles around the lips
- correction of the corners of the lips
- correction of the wrinkles in the lower part of the face
- correction of the nose shape
- correction of the philtrum
- treatment of bruxism (teeth grinding)
- reduction of sweating.
Side effects (very rare and temporary):
- mild nausea
- risk of infection.
Before each procedure, the doctor must inform the patient about the possible side effects of the treatment.
Recommendations after the procedure:
- do not massage the injection sites for a day
- do not lie down for up to 6 hours after the procedure
- do not consume alcohol for 24 hours
- do not engage in sports for 24 hours
- do not visit sauna or expose to sunlight for up to 10 days
- do not take tranquilizers for up to 2 weeks.